What is Profibus?
- Profibus is a building automation communications standard which defines application layer data and physical connections…Read More
What is a cyclic data exchange?
- Cyclic exchanges occur between controllers and slave devices, they are sent at regular periodic intervals and are typically used to monitor devices…Read More
What is an acyclic data exchange?
- Acyclic exchanges occur between controllers and slave devices, they do not occur at regular intervals. They are typically used to transmit alarms…Read More
What is an isochronous data exchange?
- Isochronous exchanges occur between two devices…Read More
- What network topology does Profibus use?
- Profibus uses a bus topology, all devices are attached to a central line. Profinet Ethernet systems allow multiple buses to form a network…Read More
What is Profibus FMS?
- Profibus Field Message Specification is the first version of Profibus created in the late 1980’s. It is now obsolete and only exists in legacy installations…Read More
What is Profibus DP?
- Profibus Decentralized Periphery is the second protocol specification. It is simpler, faster, and introduces application profiles. Most Profibus installations use DP version. There are three versions of Profibus DP. Older versions have fewer features…Read More
What are Application Profiles.
- Application profiles are standardized configurations for groups of Profibus devices and applications. They greatly decrease integration time…Read More
What is PROFIdrive?
- PROFIdrive is a standardized Profibus profile designed for motion control systems…Read More
What is Profibus PA?
- Profibus PA uses a standardized application profile designed for hazardous environments and MBP technology physical layer…Read More
What is MBP technology?
- Manchester Bus Powered technology is a cabling system designed to be used with Profibus PA. It is a bus carrying data and power in hazardous environments. It is resistant to causing sparks…Read More
Hilscher’s Dual Port Memory Interface Card
- The main objective of the dual-port memory interface of the Hilscher data card is to be able to handle different devices with different protocols on a single hardware platform. Depending on the installed device and protocol there are two different data transfer possibilities between the Host (PC application)…Read More
Cable Specifications for RS485 Networks – Profibus
- The PROFIBUS standard defines two variations of the bus cable. However it is recommended to use cable Type A in all new installations. Type A is especially recommended for high transmission speeds (>500 kBaud) and permits doubling of the network distance in comparison to Type B. Technical specification: Impedance:…Read More
PROFIBUS The Field Bus Communication Standard
- PROFIBUS is the abbreviation for Process Field Bus and is the standard for field bus communication in automation technology. The PROFIBUS communication protocol was created in 1989 by a consortium of companies and institutions and promoted by the BMBF (german department of education and research)….Read More
Hilscher’s dual-port memory message interface
- The message that needs to be transmitted is a data structure containing instructions from the transmitter to the receiver. The message structure can be divided into three parts, message header (8 bytes), telegram header (8 bytes) and user data (247 bytes). These messages are used to transmit data from…Read More