A Note from Our Sales Manager:
Thank you for your interest in the S4 Open BACnet-N2 Router. This device will allow integration into buildings which you may have historically had trouble in trying to make a seamless transition to your automation system.
Included below are some of the key features of this device and a link that will provide additional technical information prior to our demo.
A few of the key features of this device are:
- Ability to bring many N2 buses in a large complex building into one virtual N2 Network©. The S4 Open Appliance acts as the bus master for each Bus and allows independent adjustment of polling rates and other parameters.
- Standard vendor tools are used to configure N2 devices on each N2 bus.
- Automatically locates and identifies new devices, and their Process Points on the N2 bus.
- All points on all N2 buses are displayable through the management console
- Though not part of the standard product we are happy to add N2 interfaces that can be extended over Ethernet – TCP/IP connections
- The N2 Router supports any N2 device that you will find on a N2 bus including N2 Open, VMA, Vendor Devices, Metasys Integrator, and Centaurus Integrator; direct Read, Write, Override, and Release transactions for any point limited only by the programming in the N2 device.
- The Upstream Interface enables the co-existence with the Metasys® head end. This is a key feature in cases where minimal (or zero!) down time is mandated.
- Auto discovery and configure wizard, facilitated by our robust library of Device Type Templates which predefine point mapping for each Metasys® device and application (custom templates can also be generated from Metasys® resource files) – all minimize the man hours required to integrate your N2 devices to BACnet.
- In buildings with older, and potentially less reliable, N2 devices, the S4 Open BACnet-N2 Router automatically resets N2 devices when multiple retries of an operation fail; it also logs the number of times that this action is taken.
- The N2 Router products expose all N2 device points to the new head end, even those that JCI doesn’t normally expose to their operator workstation, such as tuning parameters.
- The N2 Router products work independently of any database, priority, or security settings in the Metasys® supervisory controller.
- The N2 Router products establish a very cost effective gateway to BACnet IP in the short term, quickly adding value and extending the life of legacy systems. Facilitates the migration away from Metasys® N2 devices in the longer term.
- The N2 Router can force the N2 data stream from legacy Metasys® supervisory controllers (NCM, for instance) to participate in the BACnet priority array mechanism, giving the integrator complete control over which head end is commanding each point. No other product has this “supervisory controller as a BACnet client” capability.
- Each N2 device can be published as its own BACnet IP device within a virtual BACnet network
Top Reasons to use the S4 Open: BACnet-N2 Router:
To schedule a demo session with individuals or branch locations please contact me.
Toll Free: 1-647-557-3330 ext: 101