Have you ever needed to analyze a Modbus RTU message?
The CAS Modbus RTU parser can analyze a Modbus RTU message and tell you if there are any errors in the message, what type of messages it is, what data is being written or read from your device, what device the message came from, and more…Features:
- Check for errors in Modbus RTU messages.
- Analyze messages in a human readable forum.
- Analyze raw hex data messages
- Free. (No email required)
Please Read the copyright and disclamer before downloading this tool.
This is an example of a common Modbus RTU message being analyzed.
Modbus RTU message: [0b]       [0f]     [ff]  [ff]  [ff] [ab] [cd]
Frame Analysis -------------- The frame has no errors. Poll Analysis ------------- Device Address = 11 = 0x0b Function = 23 = 0x17 = Read or Write 4x Registers Read Point Addr = 40005 Read Qty = 6 Write Point Addr= 40016 Write Qty = 3 Write Data: Point Address =40016 Value =255 =0x00ff Write Data: Point Address =40017 Value =255 =0x00ff Write Data: Point Address =40018 Value =255 =0x00ff
- CAS Modbus RTU Parser v1.00gD (13 Aug 2009)
- CAS Modbus RTU Parser v1.00fA (19 May 2005)
- Corrected:some numbers intended for printing in hex were printing decimal
- Corrected: If both poll and response selected then both poll and response are analysed. Previsouly not.
- Corrected: If poll or response are exceptions then this is now recognized and printed correctly.
- New:Can process client or server log files.
- All lines containing ‘TX :’ or ‘RX :’ are processed as poll/response pairs.
- For client files: TX indicates a poll and Rx indicates a reponse
- For server files: TX indicates a response and Rx indicates a poll
- Output is written to a file.
- New: Screen output can now be copied to copy-buffer by click of a button
- New: Checksum validation is done during frame validation phase.
- Corrected: Sample message has valid checksum
- Corrected: Auto update will now download the new installer instead of sending you to a webpage to download the new version.
Modbus for Field Technicians (Free!)