“Your Key To Industry Compatibility”
S4 Open: BACnet-N2 Router
S4 Open products from the S4 Group creates flexibility and cost savings to Building Automation systems. The S4 Open: BACnet-N2 Router from the S4 group is the gateway to third party product integration into Metasys® N2 by JCI environments and enables seamless migration to BACnet Control Solutions while preserving existing investment in N2 Bus based infrastructure. In addition built-in Ethernet connectivity offers broader connectivity and the ability to treat your BAS as network-able device. The BACnet-N2 Router introduces cost saving in virtually every upgrade, maintenance, or replacement on the N2 bus.
Use Case: Seamless Migration of Metasys N2 by JCI Systems to BACnet
- All the features and services provided by the S4 Open: N2 Switch.
- An additional upstream BACnet interface is provided
- Filtering and point mapping allow you to expose only a subset of the active points to peer BACnet devices.
- Providing aggregation of remote N2 devices for a centralized Metasys by JCI system
- Connecting legacy N2 devices to an open architecture BACnet-based Building Automation System.
- Extending the N2 bus over a customers existing Ethernet building infrastructure to remote sections of a building or campus combining all of these segments into one virtual N2 bus. See our Extreme N2 Networking Tech Notes for a list of currently supported devices.
Delivered as a network appliance on an Industrial PC for high availability and reliability.
|- 1 Downstream N2 Network (standard COM port)||Included|
|- 1 Virtual N2 Network||Included|
|- 1 Upstream BACnet Interface||Included|
|- IPC hardware||Included|
|- Additional Downstream N2 Network (standard COM port)||TBA|
|- Additional Downstream N2 Network (Ethernet extended RS-485)||TBA|
|- Additional Remote Downstream N2 Network (WAN support, optimized timing, caching, etc)||TBA|
|- Additional Upstream interfaces||TBA|
|- Hardware for the remote Ethernet to RS-485 conversion||TBA|
Call or email us to learn more, to request a 30 day demonstration system delivered directly to you, or to request a price quote.
All S4 Open products are based on a common core technology platform enabling Lego®-like “mix-and-match” capability for your building automation systems.
Metasys® as used in this document is a trademark of Johnson Controls, Inc.