- Decentralized Peripherals
- RS485 transmission protocol.
- Used for factory automation in nonhazardous environments.
- Uses purple two core screened cable cable.
- Speeds can be configured from 9.6Kbps to 12Mbps.
- Hub or repeater required for buses with more than 32 devices.
- Process Automation
- Designed for use in hazardous/explosive environments.
- Uses blue two core screened cable cable.
- Uses Manchester Bus Powered technology to reduce the possibility of sparks.
- Uses the same RS485 protocol as DP but with a slower unchangeable 31.25 kbit/s data rate for increased reliability
- Profibus using an Ethernet tcp/ip network
- Every profinet device is assigned an IP address, MAC address, name and description.
- Can use static IP addresses or DHCP.
- Real time and isochronous real time communication.
- Diagnose problems with WireShark and other PC network analyzers.
- Cycle time as low as 31.25 microseconds
- Uses dynamic frame packing to improve network efficiency.