Chipkin has worked with FieldServer Technologies Inc since September 2000. Initially, we provided software engineering services and helped FieldServer develop its driver library. At one point about 40% of FieldServer’s library had been developed by Chipkin. Our primary role has changed from engineering development to 2nd tier tech support and to the sale of FieldServer products. We sell, support, configure, develop new drivers and add value to FieldServer – The ultimate protocol translator.
Chipkin Automation is an Approved FieldServer Integrator
Based on the length of our business relationship, our in-house skills, and experience, FieldServer Technologies has appointed Chipkin as an approved integrator. Chipkin were amongst the 1st group of integrators that FST approved. We can develop new protocol drivers for FieldServer’s. Bring your product to the BAS market by having a driver developed.Chipkin knows Fieldserver products to source code level. Chipkin developed over 40 of the drivers in the FieldServer Library.
What can Fieldserver Products Do For You?
FieldServer solves communication and protocol conversion problems and improves response times in distributed data acquisition and control systems. The FieldServer is available as:
- A Protocol Translator, translating from one protocol to another in a variety of applications. Drivers are available for a wide range of protocols. Refer to www.fieldserver.com for the latest list of available drivers.
- An Ethernet Gateway, enabling new and old PLCs, RTUs, and SCADA devices to link to Ethernet for plant-wide communications. Refer to www.fieldserver.com for the latest list of available drivers.
- A Port Expander with one serial port, one Ethernet port and extensive modem and communications capabilities. The internal poll-block caching capability insures that data from various PLC/RTU devices is immediately available to the SCADA devices when needed. Data can be cached from slower devices or remote units for immediate access by the host device.
- A Scanner to connect a PC to a field node using serial or Ethernet ports. Modern PCs have few or no available slots for additional interface boards. The Scanner eliminates the requirement to plug an interface board into a PC to communicate to field nodes. An OPC driver simplifies Scanner configuration and communication.
- An Embedded board that meets OEM application requirements where the user needs to have a FieldServer included as part of their package as a single board addition. A PC104 connection is provided for power transfer.
- A Remote Serial Port allowing serial data to be transported via Ethernet as TCP/IP packets. Such a device is also known as a tunneling device
Chipkin knows FieldServer products to source code level. We have developed over 40 of the drivers in the Fieldserver Library. Chipkin has worked with FieldServer’s since 2000 and has helped customers install and integrate thousands of devices. We know the protocols, we know the BAS products, we know instrumentation and automation and we even provide on site integration services for those that rather not get involved at all.
Besides developing many of the libraries for FieldServer products, Chipkin also has proprietary libraries supported by the FieldServer Gateways. This allows Chipkin to offer a vast number of solutions. Not only that, but as we know FieldServer products to source code level, we are able to develop new libraries at customers request. If you do no see your protocol conversion mix in our website, please call us for a free consultation. We may be able to put together a custom job for you.
QuickServer is a high-performance, fully-configurable, cost-effective Building Automation gateway for integrators to easily interface devices to networks in commercial buildings, industrial plants and campuses.
Chipkin can configure Quickservers so that they can communicate with any number of protocols including LonWorkd devices without having to be commissioned and bound. Our LonWorks Gateways can be configured to use Lontalk explicit and implicit messaging.
|QuickServer Enhanced Gateway (LonWorks)
Ports: LonWorks, RS232 and Ethernett
Max Points: 500
The EZ Gateway is approved across a variety of standards, including the UL 916, CE, and RoHS. The EZ Gateway also carries the BTL Mark, ensuring users that it correctly implements the BACnet features claimed.
The BACnet Router provides stand-alone routing between BACnet/IP, BACnet Ethernet and BACnet MS/TP. BACnet utilizes the same protocol whether it is over RS-485 Serial, Ethernet or IP. In order to interconnect between the various levels a BACnet Router is required. The FieldServer BACnet Router can easily interconnect between BACnet MS/TP, BACnet Ethernet or BACnet/IP.
The FS-B3510 is one of the FS-X30 Series FieldServers designed to meet the needs of system integrators in designing a complete interoperable system. The FS-B30 Series brings together the powerful FieldServer driver library with state-of-the-art gateway design.
|FS-B3510 Gateway (Serial-Ethernet-Lonworks)
Ports: two RS485, two Rs232, one Lonworks and two Ethernet
Max Points: Standard 1000, Upgradable to 10,000
We also can provide assistance with a variety of Fieldserver products, some of which are obsolete or special order. By calling our sales team, we can work on a solution that is right for you. Call us today!
|Older DevicesFS-B2010, FS-B2011, FS-B2510, FS-B3510, FS-B4010||Other DevicesSlotserver, Protocessor|
Purchase a FieldServer from us that contains any BACnet protocol and we will help you test and document the BACnet interface by providing a free full license to the CAS BACnet Explorer. The USB key and booklet ships with the FieldServer.
Find your protocol solution HERE
Click the link above and use our specialized gateway selector to find your unique combination of protocols. OR: