There are two solution platforms for SNMP
- FieldServer – FieldServer can read data using over 110 protocols from device like Fire Panels, PLC’s Gensets, HVAC etc. Almost all of this data can be served as SNMP data – you poll for it and/or it can be served as traps. In addition, FieldServers can monitor SNMP enabled devices such as UPS’s and serve that data using other protocols so the data can be integrated into Building and Industrial Systems.
FieldServer have 2x SNMP Drivers. They are both v1 drivers and while similar they have important differences in the way TRAPS carry their payload and some other important differences.
SNMP — FS-8704-09 (aka FieldServer legacy SNMP Driver)
SNMP — FS-8704-26 (aka FieldServer <b>Standard</b> SNMP Driver)
- S4 Open – The S4 Open platform connects SNMP enabled devices to an OPC server so HMI’s and control systems can monitor and command the SNMP enabled devices. A high degree of automation is provided based on automatic discovery of SNMP devices and walks through their MIB trees.
We have module solutions which allow integration directly into SNMP as well as the stand alone solutions shown bottom right.
Range of Conversion Solutions
Depending on project requirements select from units with varying resources and multi port devices. OEM and embedded solutions too.
|FS20 Series||1x RS232/485||1x Ethernet||1x Lonworks|
|FS25 Series||2x RS232/485||1x Ethernet|
|FS30 Series||2x RS232 and 2x RS485||2x Ethernet||1x Lonworks||FieldBus Support:eg Profibus, DeviceNet etc
Hot Standby Support
|FS40 Series||10x RS232 and 2x RS485||2x Ethernet||1x Lonworks||FieldBus Support: eg DH+, MB+, Profibus, DeviceNet etc
Hot Standby Support
|SlotServer||1x RS232/485||1x Ethernet||1x Lonworks||For Rockwell ControlLogix 5600|
Lonworks and Fieldbus are options not proviced on base models.
The block diagram below illustrates the FieldServer Platform solution
S4 Solutions for SNMP to OPC
The block diagram below illustrates the S4 Open solution platform
- Translates OPC Read Requests to SNMP GET Commands
- Translates OPC Write Requests to SNMP SET Commands
- Maps SNMP Traps to OPC Alarms and Events
- Supports SNMP Autodiscovery
- Automatically selects the correct Device Profile and assigns it to SNMP devices
- Integrates SNMP Manageable devices into Automation Systems
- Supports NON-SNMP devices via ICMP
Data Sheets and Manuals
SNMP Web Site: www.net-snmp.org
Need more info ? Call or email us.
Metasys® as used in this document is a trademark of Johnson Controls, Inc.