FieldServer Driver – Serial
GE-SNP Protocol Serial Driver
|Interface:||RS232 or RS-485 (Half-Duplex)|
|Baud Rates:||Std Baud Rates up to 19200 (GE PLC limitation)|
|Parity:||Odd, Even, None|
- The SNP driver is capable of acting as a client or server.
- The SNP driver can read and write system memory and change privilege levels of a SNP device.
- The FieldServer’s serial and/or RS485 ports may be used to communicate with the SNP device.
- The SNP driver supports the Mailbox communication method of the SNP protocol. The Datagram method is unsupported.
- The SNP driver can expose its communication statistics so that they can be monitored by a downstream device.
- The following data types may be read.
- Discrete Inputs (%I)
- Discrete Outputs (%Q)
- Discrete Temporaries (%T)
- Discrete Internals (%M)
- Genius Global Data (%G)
- Analog Inputs (%AI)
- Analog Outputs (%AQ)
- Registers (%R)
- %SA Discrete
- %SB Discrete
- %SC Discrete
- %S Discrete (%S)
- Up to 4096 bytes of data can be handled in a single transaction.