FieldServer Driver – Serial
- York Translator – The recommended option: A direct RS232 connection is made to the chiller. This is a very cost effective option as a single FieldServer can support 8 simultaneous connections. The aggregate bandwidth is then also 8 times higher than in the case of a single multidrop connection to 8 devices.
- XL Translator – A RS232 connection is made to the XL Translator (also known as ISN LDC 17 – Link Data Controller), which in turn communicates with York devices via RS485. For this configuration, the York Chillers must be fitted with the “Linc Chiller” module to allow compatibility with the LDC’s RS485 network.
- MicroGateway – A RS232 connection is made to the MicroGateway, which in turn communicates with York devices via RS485. For this configuration, the York Chillers must be fitted with the “Linc Chiller” module to allow compatibility with the LDC’s RS485 network.
Map of the FieldServer Yorktalk Client driver (XL Translator, York Translator)
|8051 address||York Talk Block (feature, section)||York Talk Line||Read/Write||Comment|
|0 -> 81||f02s01||P01 -> P81||Read Only||Read chiller status of length 82. Any single point can be read, or sub_blocks of any inclusive address range can be read.|
|82||f01s01||P01||Read or Write||First set_point.|
|83||f01s02||P01||Read or Write||Second set_point block.|
|84||f01s02||P02||Read or Write||Same as above|
|85||none||none||Read or Write||Enumerated York_Talk Client state machine error code. 0.0 means none. Write will clear|
|86||none||none||Read or Write||York Talk returned error code. 0.0 means none. Will contain last logged error. Write will clear.|
Notes (XL Translator, York Translator) :
- 0-81 or any subset thereof
- 82 by itself
- 83-84 or any subset thereof
- 85 by itself
- 86 by itself
The following combinations can be written to:
- 82 by itself. Only the value 0.0 (OFF) and 1.0 (ON)
- 83 by itself
- 84 by itself
- 85 by itself. Will reset latched error code to 0.0
- 86 by itself. Will reset latched error code to 0.0
The system is offset sensitive allowing single data blocks but multiple scan blocks.
Map of the FieldServer Yorktalk Client driver (MicroGateway)
The MicroGateway mode allows the f, s and p parameters (feature, section and page) to be specified directly for write messages, allowing all single-value fields (such as set points and digital outputs) to be written. For read messages, only f54 is available, but the section (s parameter) can be specified as required to address different devices.