Instruction on how to upgrade the firmware on a CAS Gateway device
- Download and install the CAS Gateway AutoUpdate tool from chipkin.com
- Connect the CAS Gateway Ethernet port to your network.
- Ensure that the CAS Gateway Ethernet port ‘link’ light illuminates, showing a connection to the network
- Connect your PC to the same network that the CAS Gateway is connected to.
- Run the CAS Gateway AutoUpdate tool
- Click “find” to discover the CAS Gateway on your network.
- Select the device from the list of discovered devices on your network and click ‘OK’
- Click “browse” and select the new firmware that you want to send to the CAS Gateway.
- The firmware file should end “_APP.s19″
- The firmware file should be at lest 2 mb in file size, probably closer to 3-5 mb
- The firmware file should come from CAS. Do not upload any other firmware files with this tool unless explicitly told to by Chipkin automation systems support.
- Check the “Reboot when complete” check box.
- Click “Update”
- The update may take a few mins to complete.
- You will be presented with a conformation dialog on completion.
The auto update tool uses port UDP 20034
If you have any problems please feel free to contact Chipkin Automation Support for assistance.