CUrl and libCUrl is a very powerful library for sending HTTP and HTTPS requests to servers. Building the libraries on windows with Visual studios using the /MT and /MTd flags is non-trivial.
- Download and extract the CUrl source code to a temp directory. http://curl.haxx.se/download.html, in this tutorial we will be using curl-7.37.0
- Open the “Visual Studio Command Prompt (2010)”
- Browse to the Winbuilds folder. \curl-7.37.0\winbuild
- Type “Set RTLIBCFG=static ” in to the command prompt and hit enter. This will set up the compiler to build for /MT and /MTd
- Type “nmake /f MakeFile.vc mode=static DEBUG=yes” to build the debug version or
Type “nmake /f MakeFile.vc mode=static DEBUG=no” to build the release versions